Salvatore Mario Carta is Associate Professor at the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science of the University of Cagliari.
He received a PhD in Electronics and Computer Science from the University of Cagliari in 2003 and in 2005 joined Department of Mathematics and Computer Science of the University of Cagliari as Assistant Professor. In 2006 and 2007 he was guest researcher at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology as invited Professor, hosted by Laboratoire des Systèmes Intégrés - LSI.
The current research activities of Salvatore Carta are focused in the following fields:
- AI Algorithms and platforms for road accidents prevention and smart mobility
- AI algorithms for financial forecasting and robo-trading
- Clustering algorithms, social media analysis, and text mining for behavioral pattern identification and recommendation in group of users and in single users
- AI algorithms for credit scoring, fraud detection and intrusion detection
- E-coaching platforms and AI algorithms for healthy lifestyles
He is author of more than 100 conference and journal papers in these research fields, with more than 1300 citations and is member of the ACM and of the IEEE.
He founded 3 hi-tech companies, spin-offs of the University of Cagliari:
· Visioscientiae Srl: founded in 2019, currently CEO, Chief Science Officer and shareholder. It researches and develops disruptive AI algorithms and platforms for robo-trading and financial forecasting (www.visiocientiae.com);
· Everywhere Sport Srl: founded in 2013, currently shareholder and Chief Science Officer. It develops innovative AI algorithms and platforms for e-coaching. Its services are available through the u4fit platform (www.u4fit.com);
· Xorovo Srl: founded in 2008, has been the CEO from 2008 to 2017. It gained a growing importance in the mobile applications and platforms market, and was acquired in 2017 by the multinational professional services firm Ernst & Young (doing business as EY).