Paolo Pilloni is currently a post-doc at the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science of the University of Cagliari.
In 2014, he acquired a PhD in Computer Science from Cagliari University with a thesis entitled “Persuasive Mobile Systems Design to Help People be Physically Active”.
His research work is focused on Human-Computer Interaction, in particular on ubiquitous and persuasive mobile technologies to help people achieve a more active lifestyle. He is currently working on how to enhance the interaction experience during exertion by exploiting findings from the field of interaction design for people with visual impairments.
email: paolo (dot) pilloni (at) unica (dot) it
- S. Carta, G. Fenu, F. Mulas, P. Pilloni, D. Spano. Experiences from a long run with a virtual personal trainer. In HCI International 2014.
- L. Boratto, S. Carta, M. Manca, F. Mulas, P. Pilloni, G.M. Pinna, and E. Vargiu. A Clustering Approach for Tag Recommendation in Social Environments. International Journal of E-Business Development, 3(3), 2013.
- F. Mulas, S. Carta, P. Pilloni, and L, Boratto. Everywhere Run: a Virtual Personal Trainer for Supporting People in their Running Activity. In IJACSci, Vol. 3, No. 2, 2013
- P. Pilloni, F. Mulas, L. Piredda, and S. Carta. How User Experience Design Can Affect Motivation: A Study on a Real World Sport Application. In Proc. 3rd Int. Conf. on Social Eco-Informatics (SOTICS), 2013.
- P. Pilloni, F.Mulas, L. Piredda, and S. Carta. Assessing the User Experience Design as a Persuasive Methodology in a Real World Sport Application. In Proc. 11th Int. Conf. on Advances in Mobile Computing & Multimedia (MoMM), 2013.
- F. Mulas, P. Pilloni, M. Manca, L. Boratto, S. Carta. Linking Human-Computer Interaction with the Social Web: a Web Application to Improve Motivation in the Exercising Activity of Users. In Proc. 4th IEEE International Conference on Cognitive Infocommunicaitons (CogInfoCom'13), 2013.
- F. Mulas, P. Pilloni, M. Manca, L. Boratto, S. Carta. Using New Communication Technologies and Social Media Interaction to Improve the Motivation of Users to Exercise. In Proc. 2nd Int. Conf. on Future Generation Communication Technologies (FGCT 2013), 2013.
- F. Mulas, P. Pilloni, S. Carta. Everywhere Race! A Social Mobile Platform for Sport Engagement and Motivation. In Proc. 2nd Int. Conf. on Social Eco-Informatics (SOTICS), 2012.
- F. Mulas, S. Carta, P. Pilloni, and M. Manca. Everywhere run: a virtual personal trainer for supporting people in their running activity. In Proc. 8th Int. Conf. on Advances in Computer Entertainment Technology (ACE), 2011.