Livio Pompianu is a post-doc at the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science of the University of Cagliari and a member of the Blockchain@Unica group.
He is teaching assistant at the University of Cagliari and works as teacher, blockchain consultant, and developer for private companies.
Email: pompianu (dot) livio (at) gmail (dot) com
He studied Computer Science at the University of Cagliari where he earned his PhD in March 2018, his MSc in 2014, and his BSc in 2012.
Analysing blockchains and smart contracts: tools and techniques. Successfully defended in March 2018.
- 2017 - 25 February, 26 May - Visiting student at University of Stirling, Scotland - Supervisor Dr. Andrea Bracciali
Recent participation at conferences and courses
- Scientific School on Blockchain and distributed ledger technology, 10-14 June 2019 - Pula, IT
- ITASEC 2019 - 3rd Italian Conference on Cybersecurity, Pisa, Italy
- CBT 2018 - International Workshop on Cryptocurrencies and Blockchain Technology, Barcellona, Catalonia
- Scientific School on Blockchain and distributed ledger technology, 12-15 June 2018 - Pula, IT
- ITASEC 2018 - 2nd Italian Conference on Cybersecurity, Milan, Italy
- Serial 2017 - 1st Workshop on Scalable and Resilient Infrastructures for Distributed Ledgers, Las Vegas, USA
- The Swiss Blockchain Summer School, 21-24 June 2017 - Lausanne, Switzerland
- Summer School in Computer Security & Privacy, 5-9 September 2016 - Pula, IT
Livio started working as research assistant at the University of Cagliari in March 2014, during his MSc. Later, he continued his research activity in Cagliari first as a PhD student and then as a post-doc.
- Blockchains and Smart Contracts
- Tools and techniques for blockchain analytics
- Languages and design patterns for smart contracts
- Computer security, Programming languages, Distributed systems
Livio is teaching assistant at the University of Cagliari since March 2013. He works as teacher of computer science for private companies and he has been speaker in several international conferences.
- Teaching assistant of Object Oriented Programming (BSc program in Informatics) from 2013 to now
- Teaching assistant of Security Foundations (MSc program in Informatics) from 2014 to now
Other teaching activities
- Lecturer of Blockchain, Smart Contracts at Scientific School on Blockchain and distributed ledger technology - 13 June 2019
- Lecturer of Cryptography at CyberChallenge - From March 2019 to June 2019
- Lecturer of Blockchain, Smart Contracts at Scientific School on Blockchain and distributed ledger technology - 13 June 2018
- Lecturer of Informatics for entrepreneurs of local companies - Unitel Sardegna - From Sep. 2014 to Nov. 2014
Recent scientific talks
- Blockchain for engineering and architecture - OICE - 29 January 2019 - Roma, Italy
- A general framework for blockchain analytics - SERIAL
- 12 December 2017 - Las Vegas, USA - Slide
- An empirical analysis of smart contracts: platforms, applications, and design patterns - WTSC
- 7 April 2017 - Sliema, Malta - Slide
- An analysis of OP_RETURN metadata - BW
- 7 April 2017 - Sliema, Malta - Slide
Livio works as developer and he is author and maintainer of several open source projects (see also Github profile).
Software from research projects
- A. S. Podda, L. Pompianu. An overview of blockchain-based systems and smart contracts for digital coupons. Accepted at ICSE 2020, WETSEB Workshop
- M. Bartoletti, B. Bellomy, L. Pompianu. A journey into Bitcoin metadata. In Journal of Grid Computing 17(1), 3-22, 2019
- M. Bartoletti, T. Cimoli, L. Pompianu, S. Serusi. Blockchain for social good: a quantitative analysis. In Proc. GOODTECHS 2018
- M. Bartoletti, A. Bracciali, S. Lande, L. Pompianu. A general framework for blockchain Analytics. In Proc. MIDDLEWARE 2017, Serial Workshop
- M. Bartoletti, L. Pompianu. An empirical analysis of smart contracts: platforms, applications, and design patterns. In Proc. FC 2017, Workshop on Trusted Smart Contracts
- M Bartoletti, L Pompianu. An analysis of Bitcoin OP_RETURN metadata. International Conference on Financial Cryptography and Data Security, 218-230
- N Atzei, M Bartoletti, T Cimoli, S Lande, M Murgia, AS Podda, L Pompianu. Contract-oriented programming with timed session types. In Behavioural Types: from Theory to Tools, 27
- M Bartoletti, T Cimoli, M Murgia, AS Podda, L Pompianu. A contract-oriented middleware. Formal Aspects of Component Software, 86-104
- M Bartoletti, T Cimoli, M Murgia, AS Podda, L Pompianu. Compliance and subtyping in timed session types. International Conference on Formal Techniques for Distributed Objects, Components, and Systems